Communication is Key in the Restoration Business
“Stayed in communication and made sure I understood what was happening and if I had any questions, they would answer them! I highly recommend them!”
The above quote was from one of our many clients, and for the sake of anonymity, we’ll call them John. John woke up one morning to find that the line to his freezer had broken and caused water to leak from the kitchen into the unfinished part of the basement. He quickly shut off the water and got in contact with us to cleanup and restore the damaged area. The job itself was straightforward; dry out the area, then repair or restore anything that was damaged. But, when John wrote a five-star review, he chose to harp not on the work itself, but on the COMMUNICATION he received throughout the process. This decision is interesting because it highlights what sets SERVPRO apart from other restoration and construction companies.
There are lots of companies that can do clean up and restoration, and John probably knew that. It’s easy to imagine that when he saw the damage, he googled what companies could mitigate it. SERVPRO came up, of course, but so did many other companies; some organically and some through paid ads. John had options, but he saw our raving reviews and happy customers, and chose to go with SERVPRO, and he’ll be forever happy he did. We kept him in the loop the entire time. He always had the ability to call us with questions or concerns. He always knew what was happening, why it was happening, and about how long it would take. Despite clean up and restoration being an area that John probably had no experience in, he was able to follow the process of his house and his property being restored as if he was a member of the green team doing it.
Don’t choose a company that just does the work because you’re paying them, choose a company that cares enough to help walk you through the entire process of clean up, restoration, and reconstruction. Choose SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South.
Here to Help: Commercial Property Restoration
We have the equipment and crew to handle any size commercial property loss!
Flooding and water damage events at Northeastern Ohio commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of Southern Cuyahoga County: 440-237-0077
SERVPRO of Southern Cuyahoga County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Commercial Mold Detection & Removal
We have the ability to use technology to detect & attack mold!
COMMERCIAL MOLD DETECTION & REMOVAL SERVICES
Mold contamination is a growing concern for businesses of all sizes. Mold, a fungus that is found in damp places, can grow almost anywhere moist conditions exist. Left unattended, it can cause health effects as well as serious structural damage to your facility. As your go-to experts in mold remediation, we take a methodical and systematic approach to carefully identify the source of the mold growth and help eliminate mold from your working environment.
What are the signs to look for in your building?
- A recent flood or water damage
- Leaks in or around the building either from burst pipes or air conditioning systems
- Musty odors in the building
- Discoloration or water stains on the walls or ceilings
Molds gradually destroy the things they grow on and can grow anywhere:
- HVAC system
- Furnishings and more
LET US TAKE CARE OF YOUR MOLD PROBLEM:
Regardless of mold, your work must go on. Trust the experts in mold abatement at SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South to take care of the problem so you can focus on your business. We take a methodical and systematic approach to carefully identify the source of mold growth and help eliminate mold from your working environment as soon as possible.
How Quickly Can You Remove Mold?
SERVPRO provides thorough commercial mold remediation to your Solon businesses. How fast our technicians can accomplish that depends on how much mold and water are present. Mold spores only become active when there is enough moisture to ‘wake’ them from their inert state and begin expanding.
Is Mold Dangerous to My Employees and Customers?
Mold may cause some health effects but that is about it. If you can see or detect that distinctive musty odor, call us, and technicians can arrive at your Southern Cuyahoga workplace to begin remediation before it causes permanent damage to your building.
That is the real threat of active mold colonies; as they grow and expand, individual spores extend hyphae to absorb food and water. With enough time, these hyphae can dig into drywall, ceiling tiles, even the wood that makes up wall framing and larger support structures. To stop the growth, our technicians search for any pools, leaks, and other sources of water. This starts the process of returning the mold to an inert state.
To remove the mold, our response team members carefully demolish the infested property, bag it for transport, and dispose of it outside the facility. Where the mold is only on the surface or has only slightly penetrated the surface, technicians use chemical agents to disinfect the affected surfaces and then scrape it off for disposal.
Is My Business Now Free of Mold?
No. Mold spores, especially when they are inert, are too small to see with the unaided eye. Fortunately, they are no more of a threat than common house dust. The best way to keep your business free of active mold growth is to have SERVPRO periodically ensure there is no standing water or leaks inside your facility.
If you suspect mold in your business, count on SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South to quickly remediate the issue and let you get back to business as soon as possible. Once we assess the damage, we’ll work with you to create a comprehensive remediation plan unique to your needs. Then, we’ll keep you informed every step of the way to ensure we’re always on the same page and providing the best work. With our guided expertise, innovative tools, and top-of-the-line technologies, we’ll get your business up and running again as soon as possible.
Contact us today at 440-237-0077
Protecting Your Pets from Fires
We value our pets like family members, so we make sure that they are prepared for emergencies, too!
Your pets are an important part of your family, and you surely would do whatever you can to keep them from harm’s way. To help keep your pet and the rest of your family safe from the dangers of a home fire, here are several important steps you should take to prevent and prepare your pet for the possibility of a fire emergency in your home in Independence, Solon or Strongsville.
Pet Fire Prevention
Like young children, your pets are not always aware of their surroundings, and that their actions can result in a fire. Here are a few pet safety tips for preventing a fire:
- Don’t leave pets unattended near space heaters or an open flame
- Secure electrical cords that your dog might chew on
- Remove stove knobs or use safety covers
- Consider flameless candles or other candle alternatives
Pet Fire Preparedness
Once you have set up your home to help your pets from starting a fire emergency, you then need to start on your pet preparation and fire escape plan. When developing an evacuation plan with your family, identify which member of the family will be responsible for helping your pets get to safety, and make sure your dog comes when called.
Create a pet fire safety kit with medical supplies you might need to help your pet, some treats, and a leash or carrier. Also, add a pet alert window cling to a front window with information on all of your pets so firefighters can quickly find them.
While the tips in this guide can help you prevent a fire emergency and provide you with a plan for helping your pet, make sure to you don’t delay your escape if saving your pet isn’t possible. Once out of the house, never reenter until after firefighters extinguish the fire and the fire damage assessment team says your home is safe to enter.
For information about pet adoption click.
Are You Prepared for the Next Natural Disaster?
SERVPRO has the equipment, technology, and experience to help anyone anywhere following a natural disaster.
Natural disasters often feel like an issue that happens to other people, not you. But, these events can be unpredictable, so it's important to have a plan just in case. Having a disaster plan means you're ready in case anything happens, which is a vital part of being a business owner.
Disaster Preparations for Business Owners
- Double-Check Your Insurance
Not every business policy is designed with natural disasters in mind. Often, excessive damages from natural causes will not be fully covered, leaving business owners to foot the bill for recovery from their own capital. However, starting this dialogue with your agent and researching the types of supplemental policies business owners may be eligible for will help you be certain you are fully covered.
- Create Your Action Plan
When you are faced with a scenario where you must evacuate from your business right away, it is important to have a plan in place, and all necessary supplies in as little time as possible. Documenting local shelters, evacuation routes and medical facilities will be helpful, as well as any key actions such as shutting down machinery on your way out the door.
- Rehearse Drills and Prepare Staff
It is important to not only make an emergency action plan for yourself, but to also include your staff in the procedures. Once you have your details determined, sharing the plan with your employees and designating those in leadership roles to host regular and varied disaster drills with the team can help everyone stay safe and know what to do in a frightening scenario.
- Choose a Restoration Company to Work With
All aspects of disaster planning are important, but one vital thing is knowing how you will get your business property suitable to reopen following the disaster. The best way to do that is to work with a restoration company that has expertise in commercial jobs to get your damage restored and your doors reopened as quickly as possible
Disasters are always unpredictable and sometimes unavoidable. Nobody wants to deal with the stress that comes when disaster strikes. The way you respond to disaster, however, could make it a bit easier to handle. That’s where the Disaster Recovery Specialists at SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South come in!
Despite being located in Southern Cuyahoga County, our SERVPRO franchise group has the ability to mobilize in order to help when natural disasters strike around the country. Our experienced Disaster Recovery Team is quick to act when it comes to helping those in need.
What Does SERVPRO Do?
The well-trained SERVPRO professionals will make it seem like your disaster never happened! Our team will arrive quickly to your disaster, expertly and efficiently evaluate your issue, and restore everything to fit your needs.
When your business suffers from flood damage, fire damage, storm damage, or mold, time becomes money. The faster the problem is masterfully solved, the sooner you can open your business back up and start serving clients again! Thanks to being locally owned and operated, SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South is faster to any disaster.
What Do I Need to Do?
All you have do is call the local SERVPRO professionals, and we will help you through every step of the process. We know your business is important to you; it’s important to us too! We will take care of you and your property every step of the way in this difficult time.
No one ever wants to deal with disaster, but when the time comes, our team of passionate experts are the best to ease your stress and conquer your mess. So, give us a call, and let us do what we do best, so you can get back to doing what you do best.
Contact Us Today! 440-237-0077
Viral Pathogen Cleaning to Ease Your Stress
Our SERVPRO crew is dedicated to keeping your business safe and healthy.
It has been a stressful few years for a lot of reasons, but one of the main ones is worrying about your health. With concerns about viral pathogens on the rise, biohazard and pathogen cleans have increase as well for SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South.
We understand and empathize with you when your company needs a viral pathogen clean. Utilizing the best technology and cleaning solutions with CDC guidance, our technicians have grown into experts at handling your business with care.
We work quickly and efficiently to ensure that your business is up and running again in no time; we may not be able to make what happened in 2020 disappear, but we can make your viral pathogen concern at your business "like it never even happened."
Female Owned & Family Operated
Our wonderful management team works hard to help us help you!
Over the past few years, there has been a heavy push to support local businesses around the country. At SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South, we love having the ability to work with local businesses to help keep them up and running following a disaster.
Not only do we support local, but we are local! Our SERVPRO franchise is locally owned and operated, developed on the foundation of a family-oriented business. SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South is literally family operated, but also fosters a family-like environment for its employees that translates into how we treat each of our customers.
SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South involves the whole family in operations, but the heart of our franchise comes from our female owner, Michal Fosdick. Michal has created a workspace that empowers her employees and instills passion in them for the care and effort that their jobs entail. We couldn't do what we do without the mindset and culture that Michal and her family have created!
Be Ready: Storm Preparation & Safety
SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South's Storm Team mobilizes to help wherever a major storm hits!
Storm Prep is Worth the Time
Each year, thunderstorms alone cause approximately $27 million in property damage. Summer and spring seasons are the most vulnerable to these destructive and frightening storms.
There are several ways to prepare your property for the summer.
- Always have an emergency kit with these items that you probably already have in your house: flashlight, battery powered weather radio, extra batteries to fit each electronic, non-perishable foods, lots of bottled water, can opener, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, blankets, extra clothes, sturdy shoes or boots, clock or watch, whistle to signal for help, and any important personal items and documents.
- Know the safest structure of your home to go to during a severe storm such as a basement, underground cellar, or even the most inner part of your home away from windows.
- Get routine maintenance on your roof and the foundation. Cracks in the roof are the number one leading cause to flooding damage.
- Cut down any unwanted trees or limbs and get your trees trimmed before summer storm season. Trees and branches can fall on your property and damage the siding, windows, and roof.
- Contact your insurance company to be more familiar with your policy. Most home insurers do not cover flooding damage.
- Keep all expensive and favored possessions off the floor and away from low ground in case of flooding.
- Keep all patio furniture, grills, etc. in doors before a summer storm hits. Do not forget to part your vehicles in the garage.
- Finally, take those summer storm warnings and alerts seriously, especially tornado warnings. Tornadoes can lead to total property loss and even death.
Stay Safe During a Storm
We have experienced quite the rainy and stormy summer so far, and with these storms comes a risk of personal and property damage. Keeping yourself and your loved ones safe during a storm is the top priority, so here are a few tips to help you for the rest of the summer:
- Remain indoors. This can be inside your home or the home of a neighbor if need be. If you are outdoors, seek shelter at a local business, or a public restroom. Public restrooms in parks are typically built to be storm proof. Should there be no other options, sheltering in your car should keep you safe and dry as you wait out the storm.
- Stay away from windows. The safest place to be during a storm is a basement. If your house doesn’t have a basement, bathrooms are a good choice as well.
- Try to stay away from appliances. Avoid showering or talking on a wired phone during a storm. Lightening can travel through plumbing fixtures or home wiring, so avoid using your washer and dryer during a storm. Lightning strikes can cause those appliances to short and catch fire.
- Once the storm has passed, be cautious when walking around, especially outside. Be alert for down powerlines and tree branches. If you smell gas, be sure to contact authorities immediately.
Storms can be scary to witness, but following these steps can help to put your mind at ease during the next one. If you find that a storm has caused damage, feel free to call SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South today and let the experts take care of it!
SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South is Ready for All of Your Storm Needs
If you have experienced any type of storm damage, whether it be from flooding or water damage, the experienced Storm Team at SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South will be there for you. Although we are an Ohio based franchise, we prepare in advance for expected damage from any storm anywhere in the United States! We respond quickly, too, because we know that immediate action and a fast response lessens damage, limits further damage, and reduces restoration costs. Our professionally trained crews have the specialized equipment and resources needed to handle the job, large or small, residential and commercial. Our teams strategically prepare ahead of the storm and place equipment at the best locations in case of flood or storm emergency. With several certifications and over 50 years of experience, you can rest assured that we are perfectly equipped to deal with any storm job no matter the size. Choose SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South a company that specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. We are Here to Help® and are ready to respond when Mother Nature strikes.
How Water Damage Affects Your Home
Using our top-of-the-line technologies, we ensure that any and all moisture in your home is eradicated.
SERVPRO is “Faster to any size disaster,” and this quality provides many benefits for homeowners of waterlogged residences. When a pipe has burst apart, a tub has overflowed, or a drain backed up, your home needs to have that excess water removed as quickly as possible.
Homes in Independence, Solon and Strongsville that have excess water from disasters dry out best when water removal services from SERVPRO are the first part of the entire process. Pumping out any water that is visible upon our arrival helps us gain a better visual so we can more easily assess the extent of the overall damage.
Larger amounts of porous materials require more aggressive drying methods than materials that are less porous. Our experience benefits homeowners in many kinds of disasters that can damage a home.
Removing water starts the process, but then we need to move toward removing the moisture that has escaped into the air through evaporation. This moisture can find its way into every part of your home, and create problems later unless it is captured and removed. Dehumidifiers, heaters, air movers, and even open windows can work wonders when used together. Moisture meters provide us with a beginning reading of areas in your home that are compared to later readings, showing us our progress in drying out your home.
When dry, remaining problems can still exist, such as unusual odors. We can rectify this problem with odor control methods. Other problems that can remain behind include over-stretched carpeting, which we also have the ability to fix.
Because floors are always saturated in a situation where standing water exists, we take great care in ensuring that these surfaces are completely dry. This prevents warping of wooden floors and sub-flooring. Otherwise, walking in your home may soon become hazardous for your family and guests.
In situations that have left your home partially submerged, call us, SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South at (440) 237-0077.
We can begin water removal efforts so that your home is once again as it should be, perfectly dry. Accidents can occur at all hours of the day and night, and because of this, we are always available to take your call.
Salvaging hardwood floors from water damage in Northeast Ohio
While most insurance policies offer coverage for replacing floors, there are many situations where homeowners can save money by drying instead, especially with solid hardwood. Other types of flooring, including engineered hardwood and laminate, are more prone to structural damage, delamination, and other issues that make replacement preferable. Solid hardwood's durability makes it more salvageable and safer to reinstall. The durability saves you time and costs when it comes to reinstallation, staining, and refinishing.
If a sudden pipe leak causes water damage to floors in your Strongsville residence, professional disaster mitigation technicians at SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South can restore your flooring to its preloss condition. Commercial-grade equipment and eco-friendly, EPA-registered antimicrobial cleaners work in tandem to salvage floors, sub-flooring, and other structures in the home that are affected by water. Technicians work with both homeowners and insurance adjusters to handle damages and restoration per local, state, and federal regulations.
SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South works fast not only to save flooring, but also to preserve the layers of infrastructure that support it. Without proper mitigation, water damaged floors can become distorted and start cupping or buckling. These conditions can also become host to mold and wood rot that affect the safety and integrity of hardwood floors. After dispatching a team to your home, they can use wand extractors and back-mounted pumps to collect any remaining standing water. Thermal imaging and penetrative and non-penetrative moisture measurement tools can be used to assess the extent of damage to floors and subfloors. We replace non-salvageable planks as needed.
Desiccant dehumidifiers are often necessary to tackle the remaining moisture in hardwood planks due to hardwood's low evaporation rate. These types of industrial dehumidifiers collect moisture from surrounding surfaces by passing it over desiccant materials like silica gel. Heat then evaporates the collected water into an air stream, which vents outside of the home. If odors from water damage are evident, OSHA-approved cleaners and ultra-low-volume (ULV) fogging deodorizers can be used to eliminate odor-causing particles.
How Water Leaks Affect Your Home’s Value
Do you know that water leaks can highly affect the sale of your home? What's more, they can be a concern for new home buyers. However, most homeowners are usually unaware of the hidden leaks. With cracked pipes, leaking spigot, and broken seals, water will easily creep into some places it isn't meant to go. The end results will be more visible damages which include rot, damaged flooring, and blistered paint.
A minor water leak can increase your repair bills. But the good news is that you can easily prevent such situations. Noticing a sagging ceiling above your dining room table is easier. When looking for water damages you have to remember that these damages rarely turn up at the water source.
Some damages to expect
- Mold and mildew growth. With water leaks, you should also expect an unhealthy environment.
- Permanent water damages to carpets, wood, wallpapers, furnishing and paint.
- Contaminated systems – including the ductwork.
- Insulation and drywall which need replacement and removal.
- If there is water trapped somewhere in your house, poor airflow will become a major problem.
Our technicians At SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South are always ready to check out problems and offer solutions to keep the value of your home up, and the your stress levels low!
Know the Facts When it Comes to Fires
Our mitigation & reconstruction crews will handle your fire damage restoration every step of the way!
Know the Facts: Fires
Flames can cause the most visible damage to your property during a fire, but smoke and soot are silent and sometimes invisible hazards that could cost lives. Water is also a reason for damage after a fire. Even firefighters themselves may cause some damage before they can completely put out a fire. Here are 10 important things to know about fires.
1. In a fire, more people die from inhaling smoke than from the flames. Never think that if you avoid the flames you are safe. Always keep away from smoke
2. Soot is a coating of fine, black dust created when wood, coal, or oil-based substances are burned. These carbon particles float into the air and settle anywhere. Inhaling soot can caused severe lung deficiencies or even death.
3. If soot contaminates items in your home or business, a fire restoration service provider, like SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South, must assess the damage to see if restoration is possible.
4. The worst possible effect of soot is its tendency to cause cancer and cause serious defects in newborns. Soot produces polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. These hydrocarbons are responsible for gene mutation for particular groups of genes. They can cause birth defects and increase the chances of getting cancer.
Water’s Good And Bad
5. Water’s great at putting out most fires, but the water itself can cause great damage. You must make sure, after the fire is out, that your home or business is completely dried. If you don’t, mold, mildew, and other consequences will lead to further damage and loss. This is why SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South provides industrial dehumidifiers and air movers to dry saturated carpets, padding, furniture, and any other wet items.
6. Mold colonies can begin to grow just 48 hours after water damage occurs. The combination of fire, water, and mold damage to your commercial property or home could result in a complete loss if not handled properly.
7. Use caution if you decide to do some of the cleanup after a fire. Never start your cleaning process until you’re properly attired. Wear heavy-duty gloves, safety goggles, and a face mask. Carefully cover your nose and make sure your safety glasses have no place for dust or soot to get into your eyes.
Why Firefighters Break Windows And Cut Holes In Roofs
8. Firefighters are true heroes. However, they often must break windows and cut holes in the roof of buildings on fire. As a fire burns, the fire moves up and down and across, growing very fast. Firefighters break windows and cut holes in roofs to provide ventilation that slows the fire’s growth. Ventilation also helps get rid of dark smoke that makes it hard for firefighters to see where they’re going. The holes and broken windows help firefighters fight the fire more quickly. The bottom line is that breaking windows and cutting holes in roofs help save lives and property.
9. Firefighters will also cut holes in walls at times. That’s not about ventilation. It’s done so the fire department is sure that the fire is completely out. Fire departments don’t want to risk leaving a fire that’s not visible, but is still active inside the walls or in other hidden places.
10. If you have a fire, get a copy of the fire report. In most areas, a fire report is a public document. Ask for it at the fire department or fire marshal’s office. The fire report will help you with information that your insurance company and other official offices may request.
Here To Help
The team at SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South has specialized training and experience in fire restoration services and natural disaster cleanup.
We serve the communities of Solon, Strongsville, Bedford, Independence, North Royalton, Middleburg Heights, Chagrin Falls, Parma Heights, Warrensville, Garfield, Olmsted Falls and communities beyond.
Know the Facts: Smoke & Soot
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Southern Cuyahoga County, will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 440-237-0077