Are You Prepared for the Next Natural Disaster?
SERVPRO has the equipment, technology, and experience to help anyone anywhere following a natural disaster.
Natural disasters often feel like an issue that happens to other people, not you. But, these events can be unpredictable, so it's important to have a plan just in case. Having a disaster plan means you're ready in case anything happens, which is a vital part of being a business owner.
Disaster Preparations for Business Owners
- Double-Check Your Insurance
Not every business policy is designed with natural disasters in mind. Often, excessive damages from natural causes will not be fully covered, leaving business owners to foot the bill for recovery from their own capital. However, starting this dialogue with your agent and researching the types of supplemental policies business owners may be eligible for will help you be certain you are fully covered.
- Create Your Action Plan
When you are faced with a scenario where you must evacuate from your business right away, it is important to have a plan in place, and all necessary supplies in as little time as possible. Documenting local shelters, evacuation routes and medical facilities will be helpful, as well as any key actions such as shutting down machinery on your way out the door.
- Rehearse Drills and Prepare Staff
It is important to not only make an emergency action plan for yourself, but to also include your staff in the procedures. Once you have your details determined, sharing the plan with your employees and designating those in leadership roles to host regular and varied disaster drills with the team can help everyone stay safe and know what to do in a frightening scenario.
- Choose a Restoration Company to Work With
All aspects of disaster planning are important, but one vital thing is knowing how you will get your business property suitable to reopen following the disaster. The best way to do that is to work with a restoration company that has expertise in commercial jobs to get your damage restored and your doors reopened as quickly as possible
Disasters are always unpredictable and sometimes unavoidable. Nobody wants to deal with the stress that comes when disaster strikes. The way you respond to disaster, however, could make it a bit easier to handle. That’s where the Disaster Recovery Specialists at SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South come in!
Despite being located in Southern Cuyahoga County, our SERVPRO franchise group has the ability to mobilize in order to help when natural disasters strike around the country. Our experienced Disaster Recovery Team is quick to act when it comes to helping those in need.
What Does SERVPRO Do?
The well-trained SERVPRO professionals will make it seem like your disaster never happened! Our team will arrive quickly to your disaster, expertly and efficiently evaluate your issue, and restore everything to fit your needs.
When your business suffers from flood damage, fire damage, storm damage, or mold, time becomes money. The faster the problem is masterfully solved, the sooner you can open your business back up and start serving clients again! Thanks to being locally owned and operated, SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South is faster to any disaster.
What Do I Need to Do?
All you have do is call the local SERVPRO professionals, and we will help you through every step of the process. We know your business is important to you; it’s important to us too! We will take care of you and your property every step of the way in this difficult time.
No one ever wants to deal with disaster, but when the time comes, our team of passionate experts are the best to ease your stress and conquer your mess. So, give us a call, and let us do what we do best, so you can get back to doing what you do best.
Contact Us Today! 440-237-0077
Be Ready: Storm Preparation & Safety
SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South's Storm Team mobilizes to help wherever a major storm hits!
Storm Prep is Worth the Time
Each year, thunderstorms alone cause approximately $27 million in property damage. Summer and spring seasons are the most vulnerable to these destructive and frightening storms.
There are several ways to prepare your property for the summer.
- Always have an emergency kit with these items that you probably already have in your house: flashlight, battery powered weather radio, extra batteries to fit each electronic, non-perishable foods, lots of bottled water, can opener, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, blankets, extra clothes, sturdy shoes or boots, clock or watch, whistle to signal for help, and any important personal items and documents.
- Know the safest structure of your home to go to during a severe storm such as a basement, underground cellar, or even the most inner part of your home away from windows.
- Get routine maintenance on your roof and the foundation. Cracks in the roof are the number one leading cause to flooding damage.
- Cut down any unwanted trees or limbs and get your trees trimmed before summer storm season. Trees and branches can fall on your property and damage the siding, windows, and roof.
- Contact your insurance company to be more familiar with your policy. Most home insurers do not cover flooding damage.
- Keep all expensive and favored possessions off the floor and away from low ground in case of flooding.
- Keep all patio furniture, grills, etc. in doors before a summer storm hits. Do not forget to part your vehicles in the garage.
- Finally, take those summer storm warnings and alerts seriously, especially tornado warnings. Tornadoes can lead to total property loss and even death.
Stay Safe During a Storm
We have experienced quite the rainy and stormy summer so far, and with these storms comes a risk of personal and property damage. Keeping yourself and your loved ones safe during a storm is the top priority, so here are a few tips to help you for the rest of the summer:
- Remain indoors. This can be inside your home or the home of a neighbor if need be. If you are outdoors, seek shelter at a local business, or a public restroom. Public restrooms in parks are typically built to be storm proof. Should there be no other options, sheltering in your car should keep you safe and dry as you wait out the storm.
- Stay away from windows. The safest place to be during a storm is a basement. If your house doesn’t have a basement, bathrooms are a good choice as well.
- Try to stay away from appliances. Avoid showering or talking on a wired phone during a storm. Lightening can travel through plumbing fixtures or home wiring, so avoid using your washer and dryer during a storm. Lightning strikes can cause those appliances to short and catch fire.
- Once the storm has passed, be cautious when walking around, especially outside. Be alert for down powerlines and tree branches. If you smell gas, be sure to contact authorities immediately.
Storms can be scary to witness, but following these steps can help to put your mind at ease during the next one. If you find that a storm has caused damage, feel free to call SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South today and let the experts take care of it!
SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South is Ready for All of Your Storm Needs
If you have experienced any type of storm damage, whether it be from flooding or water damage, the experienced Storm Team at SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South will be there for you. Although we are an Ohio based franchise, we prepare in advance for expected damage from any storm anywhere in the United States! We respond quickly, too, because we know that immediate action and a fast response lessens damage, limits further damage, and reduces restoration costs. Our professionally trained crews have the specialized equipment and resources needed to handle the job, large or small, residential and commercial. Our teams strategically prepare ahead of the storm and place equipment at the best locations in case of flood or storm emergency. With several certifications and over 50 years of experience, you can rest assured that we are perfectly equipped to deal with any storm job no matter the size. Choose SERVPRO of Cuyahoga South a company that specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. We are Here to Help® and are ready to respond when Mother Nature strikes.